On this week’s “Good god, look who favorited me!” – HJV17
This man is the vanilla ice cream at the ice cream shop. Or to use a fish-in-the-sea metaphor, this man is breaded fish stick. No one’s really sure what’s in it, but it might be fish.
Reasons HJV17 and I will never go on a date:
- His headline, “Looking to meet new people” was recently updated. Before that he just had, “I’m here to send countless emails and winks to women who will never have sex with me.”
- His user name is one character away from the scariest STD in the world.
- He’s 37 and seeking women 18+. Six years older would be much too old, but 19 years younger is kosher AND legal.
- His entire “About Me” is 32 words, if you include “etc.” and he probably just threw that in to meet the 200 character minimum.
- He’s another gray silhouette, and I’m usually into the three-dimensional types.
Is this in appropriate occasion to say, “Fuck my life”?
In general, I have pretty high self-esteem, some might even call it “cockiness.”
I know I’m not all that painful on the eyes. I’m pretty witty, laidback, self-sufficient, and low-maintenance. Also, I could probably kick your ass. This is, perhaps, why I’m perpetually the best friend with whom people really SHOULD be in love, but… There’s always a big “but”…
I’m also aware that many women do not carry themselves with or feel the same sense of confidence that I do. Which is why this is such a terrible first message.
It’s a fucking virtual head pat.
This message says:
- You seem nice. Too bad your life blows.
- I’m not quite sure why no-one wants you, but there must be a reason.
- You seem hot, so you must be crazy.
- I don’t understand why cupid keeps making you gargle his sweaty balls. You seem cool enough to me.
To add to the low blow, one knows it’s from someone who’s in exactly the same position, someone who thinks he’s a pretty good catch, despite the fact that he’s fictionally 92 years old and who has many interests not limited to, but including, women between the ages of 18 and 45.
Nothing says, “I’m just looking for a someone with (semi)functioning female parts” like a thirty year age range.
Don’t give me any of that, “Age is just a number” bullshit. No one says that or believes it except teenage girls who think they’re in love with guys old enough to buy them liquor, child molesters, old rich guys with trophy wives, and the gold-diggers waiting for them to die.
This message is only a confirmation for my “fuck it” inclination. Until my membership runs out, Match’s sole purpose is for providing me with entertainment while I get matched with myself and heal from their previous “matches”.